4 Things To Know About Botox
If you are starting to show your age, you may want to consider getting Botox. This involves getting injections into your skin that work to minimize fine lines and wrinkles. Botox works by reducing the contractions of the muscles in your face that helps make your skin look smoother. There are things you should know about Botox if you are considering getting this done.
It's possible with any cosmetic procedure that you may experience some unwanted side effects.
Listed below are some of the possible side effects of Botox:
1. Bruising – The needle injections may cause the skin to bruise.
2. Pain – Some people experience a mild amount of discomfort when injected with Botox.
3. Headaches – The toxin in the injections may cause mild headaches to occur.
4. Droopiness – In some rare cases, droopy eyelids and eyebrows have been reported, but this usually goes away in a few weeks.
The largest benefit to Botox is having smoother skin with fewer wrinkles instantly. The ideal candidate for this procedure include individuals who are showing early signs of aging and who have crow's feet and frown lines. These can be dramatically reduced by getting this cosmetic procedure performed.
The average cost of getting Botox will depend on the location where get this done and who does the injection for you.
Listed below are average costs for varying situations:
1. Many spas offer a per area price which is $200-$300 for getting a specific part of the face or body injected with Botox.
2. If a nurse does the injections, you can expect to pay $200-$600 for treatment
3. If a plastic surgeon or dermatologist completes the injection, this can cost $600-$1200 for treating multiple areas.
When getting Botox, you should keep in mind that treatments will typically last for at least three months. This may impact your decision on who does this for you and where you get this process completed. Additionally, you may decide to get more areas of the face injected with Botox if you can do so at a lower cost.
Finally, getting Botox may decrease your wrinkles and increase your self-confidence levels. Some people become more outgoing and engage in more activities because of having a more youthful appearance. Be sure to consult with a dermatologist who can provide you with the details of this process and answer any questions you may have in the process.